Frequently Asked Questions
Questions From Delegates:
- What does the conference fee include? Morning and afternoon tea, lunch, evening meals. Not accommodation.
- Will I get CPD points? yes you will. We aim to get at least 16 points, but the points are only determined once the conference programme is confirmed.
- Do I have to present a paper to attend the conference? We welcome anyone that wants to attend!
- When will the programme be finalised? Usually a month before the conference, though further changes may happen if speakers withdraw.
- How do I find out about accommodation? We do not book accommodation other than for our key note speakers. We list local booking agencies if available. If accommodation is not easy to find on the web, the Provincial reps will provide a list of nearby accommodation. Please book well in advance.
- How do I get to the conference? We will list the nearest airport and shuttles, and you can find out about sharing the drive on the conference Facebook page. We can also organise a taxi or pick up for those staying at alternative accommodation to the conference venue. This is for your expense.
- When does the conference start and end? The first day usually starts with registration up to 10.00 and the Opening Addresses and 1st Keynote Speaker from 10.30. The conference traditionally ends about 16.00 on the last day.
- Can I get a reduced fee? Members of PACASA, RuNurSA, RuReSA and RuDASA get reduced fees. As do students and community workers. Unfortunately we cannot offer free places for students, NGOs, or service users unless we mange to get a sponsor who funds them.
Questions from Presenters
- Can I have more time for my presentation? We work on standard times of 10 minutes for posters, 20 minutes for oral presentations, 60 minutes for panels or plenaries, and 60 or 90 minutes for workshops. In some circumstances we will allow longer presentations.
- Can I submit a late presentation? You can ask! It depends on how many presentations we have already.
- Can I ask to present on a specific day? We do try to help, but it depends on how the programme is organised.
- Can I change the type of presentation after submission? Once the programme is drafted we send it to all the presenters so they can check they are in the programme, and the correct style of presentation: oral presentation, poster, panel, plenary or workshop. You can ask to change your style of presentation at this point. Sometimes the committee will suggest a change in presentation style.
- When will I hear if my abstract has been accepted? The conference committee comprises of volunteers, so they all have “day jobs” so it is difficult to say. If you need to know urgently e.g. you have to book a flight, you can ask for an immediate review. Usually we wait for the 1st draft programme to confirm with speakers mid to end June.
- If my paper gets accepted do I have to pay the conference fee? Yes, you still have to pay, even the conference committee members pay! This is standard conference practice. We like our speakers to be available for further discussions at tea & lunches as well as value their input into the other conference sessions. You do get the “early bird” registration fee, or can choose to just attend for the Day and pay the Day Fee.